Sunday, November 1, 2009

You Never Know

Something that will never cease to amaze me are the unique connections that happen between me with my students.  This has been a hard month, personally, and my classes have been so compassionate and just plain sweet.  One particular young man made an enormous impression.  During morning duty, I thought I was doing a great job of hiding my sorrow over the loss of a close friend.  A student appeared at my side, not announcing himself or making a joke as per usual.  He looked at me and said, "Miss Wynn, are you okay?"  Later on when I had him in class, he waited until all of the students had left, came up to me, gave me a huge hug and said, "I understand.  My grandpa died last month."  We had a good cry together and I know that that was definitely a God-appointed moment.  I would not have made it through the day without him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment